Sent: Mon 12/15/08 12:35 PM
So the floors are all done? Have you done the hearth and everything too? I was able to read his message and that quote stuck out to me as well. I actually read the entire magazine. I think that is the fisrt time i have done that. There was a lot of good stuff in there too. There was an interesting thing about caffeine, that if used too much it can cause serious problems.
I agree with you i think Christmas is way too commercial in nature. I have always thought that. Christmas shouldn't be about the presents and all the decorations but it should simply be about family. A time in the year where family can simply be together. For a few of the families around here that's all that this holiday is for them. A time to spend with the family. They were only able to get a few gifts for their kids but i don't think the kids will even care. They are so close its amazing at how much love they have for each other. We have another member that is quite wealthy but you would never know it because he is extremely humble about it but what impressed me the most about this family is that they are the most charitable family i know. They help support many families in the ward. They lend out their cars like its nothing. They don't think twice about helping other families anyway that they can.
Tell her i said hi and to get better soon.(Former HT) That could not be more true about doing things and following the rules the first time. If he just followed the rules at first he could have been 10 times better than he is now.
Well finding people out here is kinda hard. The towns we cover are so small that almost all of it has already been tracted so its hard to find people who have not already talked to missionaries in the past. We still tract though and we even are starting to get a few contacts.
Love
Zachary
My week has been ok. I was put in charge of my area with a greenie that is greener than i am. I had to plan out the entire day and take charge of the lessons. I really enjoyed it. I was worried at first. i couldn't sleep the night before. Not because i was in charge of the area but because i barely knew my area because as i told you last week i had spent that week in Fairfield and not in Rio Vista. Besides making a lot of U turns it went very well. I actually prefer doing things with people that have been out similar times that i have. I gives me more opportunities to teach. I love teaching. I love finding scriptures and other topics to share with the members. I know you would want an example so i picked one out for you. One of my favorite stories in the New testament is the story about Stephen. Acts 7 i cant think of the verses at the moment but its the end of the chapter. I really like this because its one of the times where it shows that God and Jesus are separate beings for Stephen saw Christ on the right hand side on God. Another thing that i really like about this is his conviction of the things he knows to be true. He was killed for standing up for his beliefs and even though he was being murdered before he passed away he forgave the people he killed him. Its a story that i was not familiar with until i came out but its one of my favorites now.
I can not see attachments so if you can, send pictures in the letter.
I did plant my tree but it has not started to grow yet and we were given a real Christmas tree last Thursday so that's exciting. I wear the shirt quite often but i wish the arms were longer and the body was smaller but i like it a lot. I ate all the nuts already. We have not shown the Christmas movie yet but we have plans to. The BRANCH members feed us very well. They fill every day up. Sorry i just had to express that we are in a branch because i kinda like it. Of the like 3 restaurants we have I have gone to two of them so far. It is wet and cold at the moment. No investigators at the moment. Lets see the only thing i can think of is a calendar other than that I cant think of anything. I will call you I think in the morning of Christmas but i am not sure yet i will let you know next week.
Love
Zachary
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment