Mon 12/08/08
I had no idea you had so much work i thought you were just doing Becca's room but you did the laundry room and you got a new washer and dryer and you are going to do the hearth. You have to replace the wood floors? Don't push yourself too hard if you need a break then take one.
You sang Christmas hymns for an hour? Thats awesome. I was able to watch the devotional and it was really amazing. I esp. liked president Monsons talk. At that point i will admit i was starting to fall asleep. I enjoyed the other two talks but i have just been really tired from working but when Monson came on i woke up. What really got me was when he repeated "No Room" over and over. No room for our Savior, what a sad concept. It just made me realize how true it is. Some people just will not let Christ in their life. There are quite a bit of rich people out here and many think they do not need Christ since they have been doing so well just as Monson was talking about. I just hope they realize that all people need Christ that not one single person can make it to the celestial kingdom without him and all of their riches and material goods mean nothing in the end. What matters is the person you are. If you are the person that would allow christ to be born in your house.
Baptisms truly are testimony builders. Last transfer, when i was in woodland, I was able to see a couple of baptisms. When they came out and bore their testimonies it was truly amazing. On the other hand I have see that testimony dim. We went to this one guy who was baptized a year ago and he stopped going to church. The missionary who baptized him came down to see him before he left and it was as if he was re baptized. His energy and his spirit was lifted once more and the very next Sunday he went to church. I don't know if he is still active but its amazing what little reminders can do.
Many people believe that when we knock on their door that we want to convert them. For many missionaries they have this kinda thinking as well. However when i went on splits with one missionary he said something that was so true. "We don't want to take away from your faith or your beliefs we simply want to add to them." When i tracted with him and when he said that to the people almost every single person invited us back. We don't convert the people and converting should not be our goal. Our goal should to simply strengthen or maybe help create their faith in Christ. To convert is a choice they will have to make but if we are able to strengthen their faith in Christ then we have done our jobs.
I love you too.
Zachary
you can send it to the apartment but see if it can be sent on a day where it will not arrive on a Monday because apparently every Monday will be in Fairfield for p-day and we will stay the night because we have district councils every Tuesday morning.
I met a couple of guys who were going to the Ft. worth mission. Thats our area right? Well anyways i met a couple of them when i was in the medical office at the mtc but i don't remember a Phelps and they were both Hispanic or something of that origin so they may be Spanish speaking but im not sure.
As for the karaoke thing, we do not plan on doing it and we dont plan on doing it again. I was just telling you about it because it was so awkward. A 40 year old single guy singing "i believe i can fly" to us. The guy is a lil sensitive and only has a third grade education so we were just afraid to offend him. He has a history of being offended easily. As for the rap. There is a less active who likes making rap beats. So we are simply trying to be friends with him so that he will be comfortable coming to church. We are only rapping about missionary work to. We write the lyrics not him. board games as long as it is done on a p day. We are given several board games for us to play on p days. The mission president seems to be ok with it so idk.
Yeah he mentioned that there was too many nativities. I bet you loved it though. I am not sure what we are singing we have only had one practice and i forgot what songs we sang.
Last week was really crazy i spent almost the entire week in Fairfield i was not too happy with that but we were able to do a lot of amazing work. On Tuesday i was in Fairfield because my companion had to go to a leadership meeting in Santa Rosa. So i was on splits and it was a great day. We committed a person to baptism and we got 10 call backs from tracting. I just wish that it was in my area. Wednesday we went on official splits and we got more call backs tracting and committed another person to baptism. Thursday we did service all day so we helped out with that and we finally went back on Friday but now i am back in Fairfield. I was able to decorate a Christmas tree on Wednesday though so that was awesome their tree was a lot like ours with all the random ornaments it was great.
Love
Zachary
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment