Sent: Mon 11/03/08 12:45 PM
Wow sounds like Becca's room is going to be really creative. Please don't push yourself too hard if you need a break take it don't keep going.
I don't even remember the days that Bro. Killingsworth was my leader and i don't remember the questionnaire so im interested in seeing what i put. Whether it was good interesting or strange interesting or just what i put.
I was going to ask you about Sunday. Did the bishop in the ward you were in say the closing prayer?
Its amazing to see how just testing out the principles of the gospel affect your life. My companion had told a story about how he use to be. He would basically do whatever he wanted and didn't always follow the rules. Well one day one of his companions challenged him to be obedient and promised that if he was obedient that they would get two baptisms. My companion was like whatever but he tried it out and later that week they tracted into a golden couple and 3 weeks later they were baptized. It sounds like my companion has come a long way and he has become much better than he was its hard to work with him at times. I am trying to be patient though.
We have two people right now that are close to baptism so thats exciting. I cant wait to see how it goes.
We tracted for 5 hours in the rain it was actually kinda fun. I enjoyed it. The people are so much nicer when it is raining. We actually ran into a very nice lady and she let us in gave us candy and we talked for an hour. It was great but later on we ran into this christian that just wanted to tell us how horrible our church is and he just basically bashed on our church. We didn't say one harsh word against his church but i accidentally laughed at him for some of the things he said i didn't mean to it just came out. I guess that means that my testimony can not be shaken. In the end he wouldn't even bother saying goodbye because he said that he wouldn't because we were false prophets and of the devil that kinda made me mad but i got over it. The members feed us every night so far i have only made one dinner for myself other than that i eat cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. I ride often but now that it rained we either walk or take the car cause on bike our shirts just get dirty. The members are great but at the moment they are all really busy with proposition 8 so they are going door to door and calling people about it and we even have to leave dinner early at times because they are busy with it. They are really dedicated with it. Imagine if they were that dedicated with missionary work.
Love,
Elder Vigil
We are really only teaching two investigators and they are both really close to baptism so that's good. Fairfield is not that far from us I actually know some elders from Fairfield.Tell Becca i want to hear from her. The Larsen's are an older couple all their kids are out of the house and a lot of people have apartments they are just trying to get most of the missionaries in with members because it is cheaper. I hear from Sierra if that's what you mean by UTZ? You can send parts of the email i don't mind. That's pretty awesome about Aaron sounds like he has come a long way. I have a few questions. I want to know the dates of when i was blessed, baptised, ordained as a deacon, teacher, priest, i got my endowments, interviewed by bishop and president Hadley for my mission, when i received my call, and when it was announced. I was born in fort worth right? Hurst stake right? When did it change to Saginaw ward and what was it before? I have such a bad memory. Well i love you.
Elder Zachary Vigil.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment